Quick note for all sellers;
It's important to know as your home is now for sale,
there are certain criteria a buyer wants to see...
1. Make Repairs: Homes require regular maintenance and repairs are a necessary component of home ownership. Procrastination gets you nowhere when it comes to home value. Stay on top of repairs as they are needed. And be sure to address large projects before placing your home on the market. For example, roofs are expensive to replace or repair. Many buyers will pass up your otherwise wonderful home when faced with roof issues.
2. Curb Appeal: Curb appeal is about first impressions. It is also about neighborhood values. Drive down a street lined with manicured lawns and well-maintained homes and the values are sure to reflect the care their owners take. On the other hand, streets with overgrown trees, junky yards, and chipped and faded paint are fighting an uphill battle in the values game.
3. Updated Kitchen: Kitchens are a real selling point. Outdated cabinets, counters, and appliances will stick out like a sore thumb to buyers. Want to sell it? FIX IT!
5. Updated Bath: Bathrooms also hold much of a home's value. New low-flush toilets cost as little as $100. And tubs and showers can be easily replaced or resurfaced. Be sure, above all else, that your bathrooms are clean for showings.
6. Energy Savers: Buyers are looking for homes that are energy efficient. Low-flush toilets, solar panels, water filtrations systems, and insulated windows are all inexpensive fixes for energy zappers.
Consider these simple tips and decide for yourself what may help your home retain its value and
appeal!! Remember, not all buyers have a creative mind that can look past clutter, funky 50's wall paper, bright colored walls and scary furniture as well as random wall paintings....
Simplicity creates elegance... keep it clean and super simple.